Difference Between Parkland and Boca Raton
Are you confused about making choices between Parkland and Boca Raton? today, we will focus more on how to hel0 you make the right choices by exposing you to everything you need to know about these beautiful cities. My name is Komal Acharya and I'm a local real estate agent in Florida. Do you want to know about Parkland and Boca Raton? You are at the right place!
History of Parkland
Parkland is a suburban city in northern Broward County, Florida. As of the 2020 census, the population of Parkland was 34,670. Parkland is part of the Miami metropolitan area, which was home to 6,166,488 people in 2020. Parkland was incorporated into the city on August 13th, 1963 by C. Farris Bryant, the Governor of Florida.
On February 14, 2018, a gunman killed 17 people and wounded 17 others in the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, the deadliest shooting at an American high school. Parkland is located at 26°18′55″N 80°14′26″W. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 12.8 square miles (33.2 k2), of which 12.3 square miles (31.9 km2) is land and 0.50 square miles (1.3 km²) (3.97%) is water. The northern boundary of Parkland coincides with the border between Broward and Palm Beach counties. West Boca Raton, an unincorporated area of Palm Beach County that extends west of Boca Raton’s city limits, lies to the north.
Pros and cons of Parkland
- The schools are excellent. One of the major reasons why people move into Parkland is because of the school there. their schools in Parkland are standard and the zoning is great, from elementary to high schools, you get to decide which school you want your kids to attend.
- Its proximity to highways. Another interesting thing about Parkland is that you have easy access to major highways that connect you quickly to Fort Lauderdale and Miami through the south, while the east connects you easily to the turnpike. On the south side is the sawgrass is the expressway. Parkland is well located.
- You are safe in Parkland. the crime rate in parkland is so low that you can scarcely hear of violence, maybe because there are a lot of families living there.
- Parkland is a family-friendly town. The good schools in Parkland play a lot of roles In bringing families around, and parents who are interested in giving their children a residential feeling of the suburbs. The lifestyle in Parkland great tremendous too, as there are parks and activities for kids and even adults.
- Entry-level homes are hard to come by. In parkland the price point for the homes there is about $500,000, therefore you must have a lot of money to be able to afford a house in Parkland because houses that are not expensive are not easy to come by.
- Houses are quite expensive in Parkland. In parkland there are some township options, there are condos around 300 and $400,000. You can’t stay in Parkland If you don’t have enough money.
- Parkland is a remote town. As we know, it is in the Northwest part of Broward county, it is deliberately designed for a purpose. It’s a bit distance away from Fort Lauderdale and Miami or west palm beach leaving you with no city feel but a nice rural feel.
History of Boca Raton
Boca Raton was first incorporated on August 2, 1924, as “Bocaratone” which implies “mouse’s mouth” in Spanish. The 2020 census shows that the town is populated by around 97,422. The town is located about 45 miles north of Miami. Boca Raton is home to the main campus of Florida Atlantic University and some notable institutes. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has an area of 29.1 sq mi (75.4 km²), of which 27.2 sq mi (70.4 km²) of this island and 1.9 sq mi (5.0 km²) of it (6.63%) is water.
Pros and cons of Boca Raton
- Proximity to Everglades. The vast steady expanses of Florida are just a stone’s throw away from Boca Raton. Therefore, if you enjoy a stealthily tracking dangerous game or exploring the swamp in a speedy airboat.
- Pro 2: Boca Raton has a great location. One of the most beautiful things about this town is the location.
- Pro 3: low crime rate. Boca Raton is a very safe place to live because it is very secure with sheriffs, and this is because of its residential feel.
- Con 1: houses are quite expensive in Boca Raton. Just Like Parkland, the average median price for homes is about $430,000 and could go up to several million.
- Con 2: There is crazy traffic in Boca Raton. Because Boca Raton land is a tourist attraction center and it is close to the metropolitan hub city which is Miami, the town is always a congested road nightmare.
Taking a look at the two towns, you’d agree beautifully unique With their features, they are not far apart. But you can only stay in one at a time and I see more similarities in their houses and safety.