Port St. Lucie and its Lifestyle
Have you ever wondered about a beautiful city in Florida called Port St. Lucie? Port St. Lucie is one of Florida’s best places to visit for golf. It has more than 21 miles of beaches, a huge variety if you like ecotours; and many unique attractions and cultural opportunities. I am Komal Acharya, a local real estate agent in Florida. This blog will help you know everything you need to know about Port St. Lucie.
The History of Port St. Lucie
General Development Corp. (the largest land development company in Florida) created Port St. Lucie.
It is the eighth biggest city in Florida. In 2015, this city, which is regarded as the second-youngest city, surpassed Fort Lauderdale as the third most populous city in South Florida.
More than 189,000 people call it home. Although it is called Port St. Lucie, this city has no port.
The Pros and Cons of Living in Port St. Lucie
- This city imposes no income tax.
- You will discover a vast number of natural and man-made attractions.
- Popular sports played include basketball, ice hockey, football, baseball, and golf.
- They enjoy a laidback and relaxed lifestyle.
- This city is safer than 58% of cities in the United States.
- The crime rate is low, but there are many poor areas.
- They have 65 private schools, one public district school, and one public charter school.
- warm and sunny weather
- It is the 8th best place for people to retire.
- The poverty rate stands at 15.5%.
- The options are few when it comes to dining, entertainment, and nightlife.
- There are about 200,000 people living in Port Lucie.
- It is one of the most expensive cities to live in.
- Health insurance is more expensive than the average cost of health insurance in the United States.
- Hurricanes, wildfires, tornadoes, and lightning are some of the natural disasters experienced in the city.
The Natural Environment of Port St. Lucie
You can hike, paddle on the sea or go horseback riding in Port St. Lucie. This city in Florida has more than 10,000 acres of public nature preserves. It retains its small town charm, but adds the slow-paced island lifestyle and amazing landscapes that transport you centuries back in time.
The Way of Life in Port St. Lucie
It has a relaxed atmosphere and its clean streets and quiet neighborhoods, added to the low crime rate, are unmatched. It also has a lot of big city amenities, and is family friendly.
The Uniqueness of Port St. Lucie
Port St. Lucie is one of Florida’s best places to visit for golf. It has more than 21 miles of beaches, a huge variety if you like ecotours; and many unique attractions and cultural opportunities.
Real Estate in Port St. Lucie
The real estate in Port St. Lucie is affordable. It is considered to be slightly cheaper than homes in other cities, and the average price of a home in Port St. Lucie is $209,000.
The town has parks, restaurants, and shops, and some of the best neighborhoods in the city include Gaitlin Pines and Floreta Pointe.
In a stunning neighborhood in Port St. Lucie, you can find single-family homes surrounded by beautiful parks.
They have basketball and tennis courts and seasonal festival celebrations. They have walkable shopping areas and schools close to home.
The kitchen is spacious and opens into the living area, although separate. The style is modern and contemporary.
There are huge stainless steel appliances and the master bedroom has been remodeled and has porcelain tile floors like the kitchen.
The homes come with a two-car garage and plenty of space outside on a covered patio. There is space for gardening of plants and shrubs or anything you would want.